The Proton Improvement Plan-II (PIP-II) Project seeks a Logistics Manager to coordinate the Project’s domestic and international supply chain and logistics efforts. PIP-II is a large multi-faceted and multi-national project that will construct a new superconducting linear accelerator on the Fermilab site to provide powerful, high intensity proton beams to the laboratory’s experiments. Fermilab has overall management responsibility for this highly international project. The PIP-II Logistics Manager will assure that supply and storage of materials are adequately and actively being managed to maximize the likelihood of timely delivery of PIP-II materials.
- Oversee logistics planning, schedule integration, and execution in cooperation with the PIP-II project team, Fermilab administration, and international partners.
- Work with vendors and international partners to identify and eliminate logistics obstacles to ensure safe and timely shipping of PIP-II materials.
- Work with the Fermilab Logistics and Property Control staff to ensure compliance with DOE and Fermilab property policies for PIP-II materials.
- In collaboration with the Fermilab Export/Import Control Compliance Manager, ensure compliance with export control laws and regulations, including export authorization documentation and recordkeeping requirements.
- Work with the Fermilab Export/Import Control Compliance Manager, PIP-II Procurement Manager, and PIP-II In-Kind Contributions Manager to anticipate when materials are scheduled to be exported and imported and handle import duties, customs requirements, VAT, etc. proactively.
- Develop standard operating procedures and scheduling/shipping practices for efficiently carrying out logistics activities.
- Manage PIP-II transportation plans and deliveries.
- Identify appropriate storage and staging locations for PIP-II materials.
- Inform cost changes, shipment issues, supply concerns to respective personnel and team in timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Abide by and be responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.
- Respect, understand and value individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain management, or related field and a minimum of 10 years of experience with at least 5 years of experience in shipping and logistics. Master’s degree in engineering, management, or related field, preferred.
- Strong understanding of Harmonized Tariff Schedule/Schedule B and Incoterms.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and management skills, including ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines, and control several activities simultaneously.
- Experience working with customs brokers and/or freight forwarders in meeting U.S. Customs and Border Protection requirements.
- Experience working with international partners and contractors, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to enable effective interaction with project, Fermilab, and stakeholder personnel.
- Experience with common electronic office tools such as word processing, spreadsheets, document sharing systems, and mail.
- Experience on Department of Energy (DOE) projects is advantageous.
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Mental concentration, sitting, standing, tight work schedule, work may require up to 10% travel.