If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a District Logistics Manager. This individual will drive associate engagement, productivity and continuous process improvements on the Fleet and Distribution side of our business.
- To lead and inspire the development of associates and management team by demonstrating a strong working knowledge of big box distribution operations and the ability to “bring out the best” in our people through empowerment and team member engagement
- Responsible for setting and achieving a safe work environment, our quality standards and engaging the team to deliver productivity goals for the Market Distribution Centers/Hubs in the District.
- Accountable for all activities at the Market Distribution Center as follows:
- The hiring, development, and retention of associates to ensure we maintain a culture of engaged team members who are highly motivated to deliver continuous improvement. The right leader will also create and internal succession plan and develop team member skills. Strong business acumen with a hands-on style
- Foster a strong culture of teamwork and high associate engagement while building a best-in-class safety operating environment and high quality.
- Ensure all functions operate at levels which exceed our customer’s needs and establish financial and operational goals.
- Recommend policies and programs which guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability of the operation.
- Ensure the safety and security of the locations in accordance with OSHA guidelines. Enforces all policies, procedures, and regulations as set forth by Ferguson.
- Executive and management of HR in the field with close cooperation with District HR department
- Committed to continual learning with respect to new operating methods as well as information technology impacting distribution operations and safety.
- Dedicated to developing and sustaining an ‘employer of choice environment’ for our associates.
This position requires a result oriented, high energy, dynamic individual with high energy, emotional intelligence and intellect to work and thrive in a fast paced, high growth Market Distribution Centers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, engineering or a related field. MBA / higher level degreepreferred but not required.
- 10+ year’s direct management / leadership experience in a big box operating environment, including a salaried workforce in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment with a track record of success.
- E-commerce fulfillment experience (direct to consumer). Extensive experience with automated WMS, TMS systems and other mechanized processes.
- Excellent proactive communication skills with all levels of management and staff is imperative.
- Experience with activity based performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean thinking with a track record of delivering ‘best in class’ operations and performance.
- Ability to collaborate with business leaders and peers across the organization to anticipate, identify, recommend, and implement creative operational and customer service solutions.
- Decisive, fair, and consistent approach to associate communication and interaction.
- Strong customer service and collaborative style