Ariens Company is seeking a Logistics Manager to lead the Ariens Logistics materials warehouse team, international import and export compliance, and implementation of logistics strategies. Leadership, logistics expertise, and competence will be the primary goals of this position along with managing warehousing and transportation costs.
THE DAY TO DAY...
- Lead the Ariens Logistics materials warehouse operations team in Brillion at Plant 4. Determine staffing needs, define roles, select and develop employees. Develop optimal warehouse operational flow and layout to support plant materials fulfillment. Establish and maintain a culture of safety, teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Set and manage the AriensCo freight and third party warehouse budgets. Drive cost and efficiency improvements in transportation and distribution to reduce total cost of transportation and warehousing as a percent of sales.
- Manage AriensCo Import/Export/Trade Compliance including Third Party Customer Routings and Compliance.
- Develop and implement Logistics strategies related to distribution network optimization, interplant logistics, trade compliance, and logistics programs and policies.
- Keep current on transportation industry trends, issues, and opportunities. Support Supply Chain team with analytics to freight and warehousing expenses, commercial policies, and future risks related to logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, engineering, or equivalent professional experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in logistics and warehousing required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert level skills in business analytical tools such as MS Excel, Queries, BI Tools, etc.
- Experience using TMS and WMS systems
- Prior Leadership experience preferred.