An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For over 125 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
As the Logistics IT Custom Apps Developer, you will be working with business users in defining the system processes around custom applications developed using Microsoft VB and Citrix front end development. You will create and present documentation/videos for management, users, and business units as to newly created agile products, solutions and opportunities. This position will also work with Digital Business, other IT Teams, Business Units and other Scoular departments to identify areas of need and areas of potential efficiencies and growth, while also maintaining on-going relationships with business users, IT staff and Leadership while exhibiting Scoular Values on all tasks and actions.
- Work with business users daily to understand opportunities for system improvements and managing the IT development priorities in delivery of enhancements/new initiatives
- The position requires great development capabilities in Microsoft Visual Basic and .NET technologies.
- Prior experience of building and maintaining custom applications using Microsoft technologies is must.
- Understanding of logistics business processes in agricultural industry is a plus.
- Understanding the requirements for custom applications development and following through the development life cycle and unit testing is a must
- Work with business users daily to understand opportunities for system improvements and managing the IT development priorities in delivery of enhancements/new initiatives is required.
- Ability to work with IT operations management systems like ServiceNow and Jira is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL technologies is must
- Working experience with Microsoft power BI tool in building KPI reports is a plus
- Agile development experience with projects/product roadmap-based enhancements implementation is required
- 7 or more years of IT system development experience and expertise supporting custom built applications using Microsoft development technologies.
- Experience working with Agile methodology in constructing Epics and Stories, Kanban methods in managing tasks on enhancements involving multiple teams of organization
- Ability to work with IT operations management systems, such as ServiceNow and Jira
- Prior experience of building and maintaining custom applications using Microsoft technologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL technologies
- Experience developing solutions using Microsoft Technologies such as .NET, Microsoft SQL db, Visual Basic etc, in an agile fashion using industry standards in coding practices
- Thorough understanding of custom development procedures for in-house applications and maintenance and upkeep of previously developed applications
- Quick learning of current application and maintaining them for production issues resolution and additional functionality enhancement is a must have skillset
- Effectively reprioritizing the deliverables based on changing business needs, working in an agile fashion, with business stakeholders.
- College degree
- Working experience with Microsoft power BI tool in building KPI reports
- Understanding of logistics business processes in agricultural industry