Auto Req. ID 630613BR
General Job Overview:
This lead HR Business Partner for multiple distribution center locations is responsible for; all talent programs, activities and people practice compliance. Responsibilities include talent acquisition, talent planning and development, leadership coaching, employee relations consultation and coaching, change management and design/build and implementation of organizational structure and employee policies. Serves as a key strategic partner to the Distribution Center Sr. Directors, RDC Director and DDC Director/General Manager. Ensures consistent application of policy, legal compliance and maximizes talent to meet the needs of each building while maintaining a union free environment. Leads by influencing leaders and identifying risks within the operation while driving an efficient, effective and safe culture. Strengthens and develops talent bench, lives and teaches our values and leadership expectations drive employee engagement and act as a change agent in supporting the scope and complexity of the supply chain continuous improvement and transformational projects. This position requires 35-50% travel.
- Coach leaders to build talent bench through the development of current employees and acquisition of talent with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills.
- Assist leaders in developing and demonstrating their leadership skills and create an engaging and supportive environment for success.
- Ensure all employees have clear performance objectives and leads have skill and accountability to follow through on effective performance management (including quality performance development discussions and plans and performance improvement action plans)
- Recommend and partner with leaders on compensation, including the review of internal equity within and across departments, external market conditions, and job offers.
- Lead the communication and implementation of human resources cyclical processes including Talent Planning, Annual Merit, Performance Review Process and CVR Survey
- Mediate disputes/issues between managers and employees to bring issues to resolution
- Consult with managers on the proper use of progressive discipline and termination procedures to minimize legal risk to the company
- Perform thorough investigation of issues as appropriate (harassment, ADA issues improper conduct, discrimination, unemployment hearings, legal mediations, etc.)
- Respond to potential unionization threats
- Utilize strong working knowledge of employment law to include ADA, FMLA, Harassment, EEO and NRLB to ensure legal compliance and consistency throughout the organization
- Review and modify company policies to ensure compliance with the law, to account for the organization's objectives/values and changes in the law
- Manage the recruitment/selection process to ensure high quality hires as well as compliance with EEO requirements. Partner with the business group to ensure department hiring/staffing objectives are followed.
- Represent Best Buy at recruitment events such as job fairs, college career fairs, community events, etc.
- Work with third-party staffing firms to ensure an appropriate level of service and execution on peak hiring needs.
- Identify training needs for business lines and partners with specialist functions as needed. Perform required Annual business rhythms such as Peak Planning, EPA Audits, VIP, Harassment, and Wage training
- Provide onboardingsupport to new employees or employees transitioning into a new role
- 4 or more years of experience in Human Resources
- Multi-unit HR Management experiencepreferred