Logistics Engineer - IBOS Design and Development
(Menlo Park, CA)Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders atheart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.Our team supports all data center deployments from a supply chain and logistics perspective. This role would be responsible for growing the capabilities of our current systems to meet our future needs, and drive continuous improvement for the company. You will engage withan experienced cross-functional team to conceive, design and develop innovative enterprise products as well as processes.
- Lead the ideation, development and launch of technologies and processes to supportour data center supply chain and logistics across the globe
- Manage multiple complex projects - prioritization, planning, scheduling, reporting and influencing
- Work cross-functionally with software engineers to further automate key processes, fix gaps, build reporting capabilities to measure the health of our business
- Drive key strategic initiatives such as distribution network design, capacity planning, transportation optimization, etc.
- Gain a technical understanding of Agile methodologies and develop relationships withsoftware engineering/IT teams
- Gather and analyze data/information to address complex problems
- MBA or MS degree in Industrial Engineering/Supply Chain Management/Information Systems
- 7+ years experience in a Supply Chain/Logistics role as a Business Analyst, Consultant, Product Manager, or similar occupation
- Experience in handling PM responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, and statusreporting)
- Analytical experience including spreadsheet modeling and knowledge with database capabilities
- Experience communicating cross-functionally