Lead, evaluate and drive process improvements in all aspects of regulatory compliance throughout the Supply Chain. Identify and develop educational needs, controls, strategies, and analysis to meet regulatory compliance requirements as they apply to international and domestic freight movements across all modes and processing/storage within the distribution centers.
- Research and resolve compliance issues and questions associated with regulatory considerations impacting the Ross Supply Chain. This can include new products being considered for sale, or local jurisdiction considerations where Ross operates. This would be completed by reading and interpreting government regulations to provide guidance to ensure safe transport, storage, and handling of items. Independently research government regulations, apply Supply Chain principles, and summarize findings with effective communication skills.
- Design and implement programs, policies, and practices to ensure that the Supply Chain is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements in order to avoid monetary penalties, supply chain disruptions, and damage to the Ross/dd’s brand. Review day to day operations to ensure compliance for outbound shipments to stores.
- Assess ongoing controls to determine adequacy of ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. Develop solutions to improve controls as necessary.
- Special projects as needed by our Transportation Department.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Conflict Management
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Planning and Organizing
- Motivating Others
- Integrity & Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors or MBA degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, or Logistics
- 5years in a Compliance management role within the Transportation and Logistics field.
- Hazmat certification; must be knowledgeable in all required hazmat and food packaging, shipping, and documentation regulations for all ground and air shipments.
- Experience reading and interpreting regulations in multiple regulatory areas such as: storage, hazmat, FDA
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills and be able to communicate with all levels and departments both within and outside the company
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- High level analytical, organizational and communications skills
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work aggressively to complete projects
- Regulatory knowledge of DOT, EPA, FDA & Hazardous Materials preferred
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures
- Req. Number: 18003854