Logistics Buyer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the purchasing management processes for Logistics.
- Identify new supplier requirements based on new programs and new launches.
- Responsible for negotiating logistic rates.
- Communicate and work effectively with peers and management.
- Work with cross functional teams including manufacturing and product planning to develop strategies.
- Responsible for gathering data from multiple systems, create analytical studies and identifying trends.
- Responsible for the layout of the network, the carrier bid, routing letter distribution, etc.
- Support internal and external customer needs while building lasting relationships.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and changes within the supplier's.
- Identify and execute cost reduction strategies.
- Measure, manage and report on performance to established KPIs and budget along with provide insight and recommendations for transportationstrategic initiatives.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
Logistics Buyer Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Must have purchasing experience with Automotive industry.
- Experience working in Logistics or similar field.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills required.
- Desire and ability to succeed in a team environment, work well with others, manage relationships and projects is critical.