?We are looking for Locomotive - Mechanical Engineer for our client in Boise, ID
Job Title: Locomotive - Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Boise, ID
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing, and implementation of mechanical engineering projects.
- This individual will:
- Evaluate customer specifications for mechanical design requirements
- Design locomotive mechanical systems including underframes, trucks, equipment arrangement, cooling and lube oil systems, carbodies and fuel tanks
- Prepare Mechanical Parts Lists and Bills of Material
- Make work assignments to mechanical designers and direct teams in design of plans and schematics.
- This individual will also maintain good working relationships with clients, staff, and outside contractors; supervise and support team members and ensure that established goals and deadlines are met, while ensuring compliance with safety regulations and requirements.
- Manages projects and leads teams in designing, developing, and assembling projects from concept to final manufacture. Stays informed of new technologies, trends, and regulations in mechanical engineering.
- Applies innovative technologies to designs. Researches design proposals, specifications, and requirements.
- Evaluates current machinery and designs machine repairs and enhancements.
- Prepares and coordinates reports including proposals, budgets, and construction cost analysis.
- Reviews procurement costs ensuring adherence to budgets and timetables, evaluates price proposals and related documentation.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with area staff and management. Delegates and prioritizes responsibilities of area staff. Interacts with engineering team to assess machine functions and compliance to system specifications.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with customers, suppliers, and outside contacts. Maintains client relationships. Interprets and implements customer needs. Ensures that outside parties are well informed of operations and schedules.
- Maintains relationships with regional government officials and procures necessary official documents. Projects and maintains the Company?s professional reputation.
- College degree in mechanical engineering or related field with a thorough understanding of mechanical engineering and assembly principles.
- 3D AutoCAD Experience.
- Five plus years of progressive experience
- Knowledge of code requirements
- Previous project management experience
- This is a minimum 4 month project with an opportunity to go direct