Custom Truck One Source has an opening for a local sales professional with a background in aerial vehicles, equipment and heavy & light duty trucks. It will be responsible for targeting new prospects, cold calling, conducting needs analysis, quoting, closing, delivery of trucks and equipment, and continuing relations with existing clients as well as establishing new relationships. A major aspect of this role will be increasing sales and accomplishing the sales goals set for them by the director of sales.
- Marketing analysis and segmentation to define key prospects, prospecting, cold calling, identifying customer needs, quoting, closing new business, and service existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products by evaluating results & competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Must have previous 3 to 5 years of outside sales experience in vocational equipment and or truck sales.
- Can demonstrate a track record of sales achievement and new business development in vocational vehicle sales or leasing.
- Professional and technical knowledge of aerial vehicles, equipment and heavy & light duty trucks is desired.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills and proficient computer skills.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Valid driver's license.