12News-Beaumont, TX is seeking an innovative and proactive Local Sales Manager to lead our successful Local sales efforts across multiple platforms…KBMT/ABC, KJAC/NBC, our full complement of digital platforms, MYTX/MyNetwork, and MeTV. This comes after just having promoted our LSM to Director of Sales.
The LSM must be an effective motivator working with a team comprised of our Local Account Executives, Account Managers and Continuity Coordinators. We want someone with a proven history of growing revenue for both television and digital, developing a strong sales team and executing special projects. This position is responsible for executing a sales strategy that delivers customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms – television, digital, mobile and social.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, presentation & leadership skills and enjoy being in front of our clients. The LSM ideally will establish and grow strong relationships with local advertisers as well. We’re looking for an idea person and strategic thinker who not only creates sales opportunities for advertisers but also helps in the continuing development of our entire team. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
The LSM must be results oriented, innovative and a dynamic leader. This person must possess an entrepreneurial mindset and a competitive spirit and exhibit passion for marketing sales, both broadcast and digital. This individual must exhibit the ability to motivate, teach and lead by example.
- Prefer Bachelor's degree with sales or marketing major or commensurate experience in sales positions.
- Minimum of 3 years of local TV or media sales management experience.
- Provide leadership and coaching of local sales team.
- Complete business activity reports and forecasts as required.
- Feel the pulse of the market by staying current and up to date on competitive ‘best practices’ as well as ‘missteps’.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings and sales training.
- Manage key local accounts with account executives by being active in the sales process.
- Assess sales staff with ride-along coaching & participating in client meetings. Offer and recommend appropriate training for the AEs.
- Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms.
- Wide Orbit, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Sales Force, ComScore, and Nielsen software experience is a plus.
- Valid driver license & clean driving record is mandatory.