DivisionRadioLocationBoise - Radio-36100Description
The Local Sales Manager is responsible for leading and motivating the local sales team of the radio stations.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach and develop sales people.
- Work in conjunction with General Sales Manager to coordinate and lead the local sales team to meet and exceed revenue budgets through customer-focused selling.
- Create and execute appropriate customer-focused revenue programs.
- Generate revenue from well-organized and executed developmental initiatives.
- Conduct sales meetings.
- Target new business and develop key accounts.
- Planbudgets and execute sales strategies.
- Assist in the development of strategies for customer service excellence.
- Working with General Sales Manager on pricing strategy.
- Work with the senior market leadership on budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
- Work with GSM and othersales managers regarding advertising avails processes.
- Know the strengths and weaknesses of the competing stations, other advertising mediums, and position the station accordingly.
- Oversee accounts receivable and credit policies
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field.
- 3-5 years radio broadcast sales and/or sales management experiencerequired.
- Experience with both agency and direct/retail clients.
- Experience in inventory and revenue management, ratings, marketing, promotions, collections, NTR and Digital Media.
- Experience with Wide Orbit, Matrix, Viero Best Rate or Radio Fusion a plus.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lead through vision, values and trust.
- High organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong and effective selling skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skill in computers.
- Ability to be flexible, handle stress, meet deadlines and achieve financialresponsibilities..
- Driving required. Must have a valid Driver's License, good driving record and ability to provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digitaljournalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including "The List" and "The Now," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation's largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."