Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Avis, Budget and Budget Truck products and services.
- Develop and implement effective sales and marketing strategies that maximize all sales opportunities.
- Implement strategies to drive profitable revenue growth and market share.
- Build and maintain effective referral relationships to maximize referral opportunities.
- Deliver effective presentations including proposals to customers and business reviews to management.
- Identify, respond and solve business issues for customers and provide win-win solutions that add value.
- Coordinate the negotiation of rates and contract terms to solidify pending deals.
- Close deals and effectively communicate the value of Avis, Budget and/or Budget Truck solutions and how they will meet the customer’s needs and business objectives.
- Maintain account files, report documentation and proposals/bids using the Salesforce.com system.
- Participate in tradeshows, chamber of commerce functions and other local events to strength the relationships of our brands in the marketplace.
- Communicate regularly with Sales’ and Operations’ teams regarding marketing trends, customer concerns and effectiveness and best practices for sales strategies.
Competencies for Success
- Ability to generate new and innovative ways to sell products and services.
- Strong and effective skills in all areas of research, probing, prospecting, lead generation and negotiating in order to uncover new business opportunities, develop existing accounts and deliver results.
- Ability to demonstrate ease and professionalism when meeting with clients.
- Excellent business acumen and strong planning, organization and priority setting skills to leverage relationships, both internal and external.
- Collaborative style and a team player with peers and senior leadership.
- Must have a high degree of integrity, credibility, energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of two (2) years successful outside sales/account management (utilizing direct sales techniques) required.
- Willingness to travel overnight for business is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.