This is a shareholder level position who will work under the direction of the Local Office Attest Practice Leader with a dotted line reporting responsibility to the National Director of Quality Control. This individual will work within the assigned office and will partner with the local Senior Managing Director and Attest Practice Leader(s) on implementation and observance of all Attest Quality Control matters.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Serve as a resource in the local office to maintain our attest practice quality, primarily on engagements to audit SEC reporting and privately held commercial entities.
- Serve as an Engagement Quality Reviewer (EQR) on a majority of the office's largest and most complex engagements.
- Responsible for local short-term and long-term quality control planning; identifying opportunities for process improvements for assigned office(s).
- Work with National Director of Quality Control and MHM Executive Team in identifying quality control best practices to ensure efficiency, integrity, and effectiveness of processes.
- Direct and oversee all local activities related to Quality Control, including preparation of current engagement reports, summaries, local office performance, and opportunities for improvement.
- Participate as a strategic partner in the development of Mayer Hoffman McCann's Quality Control programs.
- Must meet quality review expectations by educating local office(s), and fully executing implementation plan.
- Work with Senior Managing Director and Attest Practice Leader of office(s) to effectively launch and implement national directives in local office(s).
- Engage local office leadership to understand the local quality control strategy, goals that have been set, and to establish controls to monitor progress on these goals.
- Manage key initiatives identified by National Director of Quality Control and provide timely status updates of projects and related deadlines.
- Serve as internal advisor on technical matters and as a Quality Control Subject Matter Expert for assigned office; conduct training when necessary.
- Drive a team environment; demonstrate support of management decisions and build a positive culture; will foster an atmosphere of trust and innovation.
- Able to effectively represent the organization both internally and externally.
- Participate in the execution of the firm's national quality review program (QRP), as applicable.
- Assist the SMD, APL and Regional APL in the evaluation of attest personnel as it relates to the quality component of their performance evaluation/scorecard.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in public accounting field, including 5 years at Senior Management level
- 10 years of experience working directly with PCAOB client engagements, including experience with ICFR audits of clients with global operations
- Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act, PCAOB rules and bylaws, the PCAOB code of ethics, and professional standards
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- Previous experience working with multiple locations, performing quality reviews, and providing management of processes remotely
- Previous experience working in a matrix organizational structure
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 15 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 6 years as an Audit Partner or equivalent experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proven high level of business integrity, client service and leadership skills
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs