Lobby Experience Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the primary responsibility of the Lobby Experience Manager to provide a welcoming experience for arriving guests and sense of appreciation for departing guests. This position leads the Assistant Lobby Experience Managers, Lobby Hosts and Concierge team who proactively welcome and engage with our guests, enhancing their experience by fielding inquiries, promoting our vast array of amenities, and facilitating welcoming and efficient interactions. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
- Assist with the operational functions within the department consistent with the strategic plan and vision for the department, the division and the property.
- Assist with monitoring fiscal budget, operations of assigned department(s) and marketing strategies to produce both short-term and long-term profitability.
- Assist with managing the delivery and measurement of guest service within assigned department(s) consistent with the company’s core service standards and brand attributes.
- Provide input into the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure the property’s competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs within the dynamic hospitality and gaming environment.
- Create a work environment which promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Oversee Human Resources responsibilities for the specifically assigned areas; create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition, mutual respect, and employee satisfaction ensuring quality hiring, training, and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment.
- Monitor Daily Count to ensure appropriate a number of clean rooms are available for check-ins, remaining inventory, and appropriate planning based on arrivals/departures.
- Ensure guest complaint resolution procedures are implemented within the view of the properties philosophy and service.
- Complete and review employee work schedules and work closely with Front Desk management to balance employee needs with work demands.
- Respond to notification of unusual events or circumstances requiring mid-level management attention.
- Inform the Director of the Front Office of situations which require attention.
- Respond to emergency situations accordingly. Additionally respond to any Security related accidents or evictions.
- Coordinate hotel related projects with Housekeeping and Engineering to ensure rooms are placed out of service for labor to be completed.
- Maintain guest arrival/departure lines and the overall appearance of the lobby in order to provide a proper welcome statement to guests.
- Complete all payroll related functions within Workday and the Career Tracking System, checking employee swipes, and issuing payment for upsell commissions.
- Work with the Training department to ensure all service and regulatory related courses are completed in Insider Education and that all staff are fully compliant.
- Keep all public areas (casino, guest rooms, front areas) at exemplary presentation.
- Assist with Bell Desk and Valet related concerns as needed.
- Manage the Front Desk operations through manual processes as needed during any system downtimes.
- Inspect any rooms reporting health related concerns.
- Provide incentives to reach monthly goals.
- Engage, entertain and inspire all who visit a MGM Resorts International Resort.
- Oversee Assistant Front Desk Managers.
- Manage Front Desk Clerks.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 3 years of guest service experience in any industry (e.g. retail, hotel, luxury, leading brands, etc.).
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience at a major hotel/resort complex.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to demonstrate very strong interpersonal skills that provides the ability to deal with guests and work with business partners and colleagues from diverse cultures and nationalities.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.