Provide an independent evaluation of the quality of the bank’s commercial loan portfolio, including large or high risk lending products and credit administration procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct loan reviews in accordance with Loan Review Manual verifying cash flow analysis is accurate and meets corporate standards, loans are in compliance with corporate loan policies and to review and evaluate credit administration procedures.
- Meets goals of loan review plan for the year and for the individual unit review.
- Determine if assigned grades are accurate in accordance with the grade definitions established in the FMB loan policies and ensure problem credits are identified in a timely manner.
- Determine if impairment, impairment reserves and nonaccrual decision are proper and supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with the bank’s loan policies and accounting and regulatory guidance.
- Prepare ongoing written communication of loan review findings and properly supported risk grade conclusions in the Loan Review Worksheets.
- Assist in the coordination of any outsourcing loan review engagements and external auditors/regulatory agencies as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and upgrade of any new loan review software applications.
- Attend various loan committee meetings to remain current on new commercial loan products.
- Stay current on new regulatory guidance pertaining to large complex credit facilities.
- Identify existing and emerging risks trends within commercial portfolios through quarterly trend analysis, and make applicable recommendations for additional portfolio reviews.
- Participate in due diligence activities of potential acquisitions.
Education - Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
Experience - Seven (7) years of related experience in loan review and/or commercial underwriting and cash flow analysis.
Other - None.
Experience in access database software with ability to write queries, produce reports and gather additional information upon request.
Loan Review Certification
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Seven (7) years of related experience in loan review and/or commercial underwriting and cash flow analysis.