The Boarding Manager will be responsible for all boarding activities related to Servicing Transfers. The Boarding Manager will ensure all required all required operational functions and tasks for the Servicing Transfers department occur timely and accurately to effectuate smooth and compliant loan transfers that satisfy regulatory and MSR owner requirements.
This role will ensure that all transfers are implemented in a standard way, process differences for subservice partners are documented, and will work with the Sr. Manager, Servicing Transaction Management to ensure that KPI metrics and transferor milestone reports are created, documented and those standards are met. This role will drive consolidation of activities related to transfers, so that all transfers are part of a continuous process within the team, and ensure continuity for all transfers.
Ensure that assigned staff implements efficient processes and system utilization, concentrating on compliance, governance, risk mitigation, cost effectiveness and industry best practices related to Service Transfers while utilizing the MSP servicing system, Paradatec and/or different servicing systems.
This role will oversee the transfers documentation is properly documented and stored in the appropriate folders in the shared drive in accordance with company policy to ensure receive satisfactory ratings from internal and external auditors.
The Boarding Manager will also be responsible for ensuring all requests and Audit items are responded to timely
- Directly responsible for managing the day to day operations of the loan transfer functions.
- Oversees operating policies and procedures to ensure efficient use of resources to meet the needs of the loan portfolio while maintaining adequate controls to manage risk.
- Directs staff to conduct regular reviews of processes, policies and procedures, and conducts improvement activities as required.
- Monitors/oversees the servicing transfers team as it performs servicing transfer tasks including: planning and interacting with the MSR owner, servicer, hosting meetings, setting timelines, due diligence review, data mapping exercises, confirming data integrity, verifying data integrity loaded into MSP during testing cycles, work with BKI conversion reports, maintain checklists and open issues logs to ensure all transfer activities are accomplished. Ensure that the ST team coordinates with project management, existing servicer, BKFS/MSP acquisition services and FSB IT team to keep service transfer projects on track, and facilitates timely issuance of RESPA goodbye/hello notices. Ensure current servicer adheres to timelines for responses to deliverables and open issues. Ensure that the deliverables and tasks assigned to the ST team are all completed thoroughly and on schedule.
- Ensure reports are created to monitor service transfer activity, KPI metrics and transferor milestone reports are created for reporting to senior management.
- Oversees transfer automation and QC Databases – development and execution
- Together with HR, makes hiring/termination, salary and transfer decisions. Conducts regular performance reviews of direct reports.
- Resolves personnel issues.
- Oversees work allocation, training and development of staff.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of staffing levels and staff utilization to strike optimal balance between efficiency and good customer service.
- Mentor, train and develop service transfer team members in all service transfer activities. Monitor and review for quality and accuracy the work performed by team members to ensure timely and accurate service transfer deliverables. Provide direction to team members that need assistance. Conduct team meetings to set proper goals and review timelines to ensure performance standards are met. Participates in the interviewing, hiring and training of all new staff members. Provide the leadership example for customer service and professional conduct.
- Takes ownership of customer issues and drives issue resolution, including performing lessons learned analyses after the fact, as relevant.
- Shows commitment to increasing customer satisfaction through understanding and improving departmental service delivery challenges.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to delivering good customer service, and coaches staff members in good customer service accordingly.
Compliance and Control:)
- Oversees compliance with local, state and federal regulations for the loan servicing / processing activities of the Bank.
- Provides thought leadership on how the bank should interpret and comply with new regulations.
- Performs regular departmental self-assessments, in regards to compliance with regulations, and conducts regular tests of key process controls. Moves quickly to resolve any audit or regulatory exam findings quickly and accurately.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar’s internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- 7+ years servicing experience with 3 years being in servicing transfers
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Strong working experience with MSP
- Skilled at identifying challenges, risks and issues and resolving them
- Ability to help create and implement, as well as quickly retain knowledge of new processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain confidential information
- Expertise using Excel, Word, Adobe, PowerPoint or equivalent presentation software
- Proven ability to rapidly analyze challenges and issues, and provide solutions.
- Proven ability in collaborating with others.
- Experienced in problem solving and conflict resolution, accurate in execution, able to solve
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Computer proficiency in office productivity and e-mail applications
- The job requires a moderate degree of physical exertion and stamina such as standing, sitting, walking, driving or infrequent lifting. Extensive periods and sitting and computing.