Job # 3177
If you are an engineer designing LNA’s Low Noise Amplifiers for RF Antenna applications, then we want to employ you and help bring your career to the next level within our Automotive R&D Antenna team based in Michigan. You will be responsible for new technology and solution development for automotive antenna Low Noise Amplifiers and related products. Your skills should include circuit design and analysis, board layouts etc. and have experience designing these LNA’s for automotive antenna modules (shark fins, glass amps, etc.)
A Bachelor’s of Science degree in ElectricalEngineering is required, coupled with10+ years of experience in automotive RFwith at least 5years in LNA design. Though an advanced degree in electromagnetics is highly preferred. Candidates withdegrees in closely related disciplines will be considered, if coupled with significant experience in automotive RF design.
* The selected candidate must be a current resident of the USA, and fully authorized to work in the USA without restrictions.
* We also kindly request that no entry level candidates apply to this senior level design job.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
To design and develop specific Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) designs and integrate them with antennas/modules for automotive applications
• To develop innovative solutions with challenging technical and product requirements
• To explore cutting-edge technologies and track and monitor industry design trends
• To cooperate withotherinternal functions to ensure your design can be implemented in leading /cutting edge products successfully
• To draft technical specifications, design guidelines and related documents for new solutions.
• To meet with customers and provide technical support for customer design activities
* Some travel will be required, including occasional international travel to Europe and Asia. Approximately 10% of total work time may be dedicated to business travel
The ideal candidate has a BS degree in a relevant field and is a recognized professional with the following attributes:
*Experiencewith bi-directional amplifiers, power circuits, and RF matching/tuning for active antennas in an automotive application
* Significant experiencewith LNA circuit design, board layout, prototype construction, lab and field testing, troubleshooting, etc. specific to the automotive industry
* Must be able to create LNA schematics and board layouts using appropriate software tools Must have good understanding of electromagnetic theory, microwave and antenna design.
*Experiencewith on-vehicle antenna measurement and field reception testing is a plus
* Significant knowledge of AM/FM, SDARS, GNSS, RKE, GSM/UMTS/LTE, 802.11, Bluetooth, and DSRC, including the corresponding system level specifications.
* Proficiency, hands-on skills withRF simulation tools.
* Must be able to build, test, and tune small RFcircuits in a laboratory environment
*Experience of tackling key technical problems or innovative designs independently.
* Proactive and self-motivated.
* Curiosity and sensitivity for science, technology and engineering are essential.
* This position will require a variety of skills and cover many varied tasks; therefore flexibility, an ability to work independently, and move “outside the comfort zone” will be essential to success.
* Good team spirit and communication skills.
* Fluency in both written and verbal English.
We encourage you to apply for this high growth LNA design engineering position if you have skills developing LNA’s for RF Antennas. Your application will be reviewed, and will be contacted quickly
Location: Brighton, MI