New York, NY
Industry: Legal Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 372 days ago
Litigation Support Specialist
SHIFT: TUES – SAT noon to 9:00 pm MST
The Litigation Support Specialist will prepare, process, image, OCR, and export various types of client data from clients and Project Managers using Documatrix (Epiq proprietary software) and Relativity. You will also work closely with other team members to troubleshoot data issues, research software, troubleshoot problems, and complete time sensitive requests. This position will require attention to detail, multi-tasking, analytical skills, as well as someone who works well in a team environment. Must be able to work and adapt under the pressure of strict deadlines on multiple projects in a fast paced, high volume, production environment. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a closely related field.
· Learn and use proprietary and 3rd party eDiscovery applications (Documatrix, eDataMatrix, Clearwell, Relativity) on a daily basis.
· Acknowledge, execute, complete, and track billable elements of a client or internal request.
· Understand and perform electronic discovery and data processing, imaging, OCR, and exports.
· Receive, organize, and track media for processing using proprietary database technology.
· Generate processing and exception reports using proprietary software and utilities.
· Perform quality control and peer quality control on completed work product to ensure accuracy.
· Work closely with team members to troubleshoot data issues, research software to solve problems.
· Use technical expertise and thorough understanding of electronic discovery tools and technology to deliver various ESI services to clients.
· Communicate and collaborate with clients and internal Project Managers.
· Provide feedback to management about potential software improvements.
· Assist with user acceptance testing for new software releases.
Required Qualifications & Characteristics
· Needs to consistently demonstrate strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Must have a strong knowledge of database design and structure with an understanding of UNIX and/or Linux basic command lines and light scripting skills.
· Must demonstrate the ability to work well in a team environment.
· Candidates with the following background will be strongly preferred in the selection process:
o Experience in eDiscovery and litigation support industry is preferred
o Experience working in an IT/technical role that is production-based, deadline driven and outcome oriented
o Hands-on experience with databases, search logic and possess a foundational understanding of database file structure