Esurance is looking for a Litigation Services Manager to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you’re looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits — including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement — then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
Responsible for monitoring and managing the quality, service levels and cost-effectiveness of legal resources utilized on a national basis in litigation matters required by a personal lines insurance company.
- Identify, screen and engage retained counsel as needed to existing panel of counsel available for use by the claims department in litigated cases.
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits of outside and staff counsel to ensure quality, service levels and cost-effectiveness are aligned with company expectations.
- Ensure internal billing guidelines are maintained through audits and other available data; intervene directly with counsel to overcome non-compliant billing or other service level challenges.
- Review, propose and implement alternative fee arrangements where appropriate.
- Maintain review processes that provide feedback regarding retained and staff counsel performance.
- Ensure compliance with internal referral guidelines by claims department, recommending improvements and tracking results.
- Work with counsel and claims to identify and resolve problems that challenge claims/counsel relations.
- Assist in the management and handling of corporate litigation, including employment related matters
- Develop and maintain reports that track legal counsel performance.
- Manages assigned budget and spending at or below plan.
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals.
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and discipline of assigned associates.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and calendaring software programs preferred.
- Demonstrated strong professional ethics, reliability and accountability required.
Experience / Education:
- Law Degree required from an ABA approved school or university, licensed to practice law in one of the 50 states.
- 7 or more years of experience working as an attorney, preferably in an insurance defense litigation environment.
- Experience in employment litigation preferred, but not required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.