$80K — $100K *
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures provides legal/general support to the firm's attorneys and their clients. Must be familiar with and observe the firm's established policies and guidelines. Must maintain positive contact with attorneys (both the firm's and outside counsel), support staff, clients and vendors. Observes confidentiality of client and firm matters. This position is not limited to the functions and skills listed on this description and responsibilities may be revised as needed.
· Excellent organizational skills re: case and/or project management;
· Experience with organizing and maintaining documents and files, i.e., discovery materials, depositions notices, deposition exhibits and summaries;
· Experience in preparing binders and documents for depositions
· Ability to review pleadings to track status of cases to determine deadlines and calendar deadlines;
· Experience with database and litigation software packages, i.e., Relativity or LiveNote, a plus;
· Ability to assist attorneys in preparing correspondence, subpoenas, motions and pleadings;
· Ability to assist attorneys with pre-trial preparation and trial assistance;
· Experience with E-filing in Federal and Florida State Courts; · Knowledge of Federal and Florida State Court Civil Procedure Rules;
· Experience with Lexis, Cite Checking and Bluebooking;
· Ability to work and learn independently and meet deadlines; and Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
Undergraduate degree and a paralegal certificate or undergrad degree in Paralegal Studies.
Experience: Candidate with 4-6 years of law firm and commercial litigation experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work with individuals at all organizational levels. Ability to organize and prioritize issues and workload. The ability to work on projects independently or with little supervision. Flexibility and ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities. Exercising independent judgment and initiative.
Valid through: 7/9/2021