Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Paralegal in the Products Liability team in our Atlanta office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Litigation Paralegal position will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to attorneys in the Litigation Department in preparing litigation cases from onset through post trial including related research and analysis. Demonstrates professionalism, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple priorities and work in an organized, efficient manner at any given time. Supports the department with general administrative duties and special projects. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists attorneys in all stages of litigation cases from onset through post-trial
- Ascertains calendaring requirements for each matter and ensures proper maintenance of any required case calendars
- Oversees organization, maintenance and appropriate utilization of documents and other case-related materials, including maintenance of client-presentable and efficient work areas and case rooms.
- Assists with the discovery process, including preparing for deposition, propounding and responding to written discovery and preparing for expert discovery
- Oversees and conducts document reviews; prepares documentation regarding criteria changes; tracks and reports on review progress and results
- Performs analytical tasks, including prepares witness interview memoranda, reviews and summarizes documents, deposition, court transcripts and creates and uses substantive coding tools
- Assists with law and motion practice, including assembles motion papers and exhibits, coordinates filings of pleadings and briefs and ensures proper service
- Performs and oversees both simple and complex cite checking and proof reads briefs and other legal documents
- Assists with trial preparation, including creates trial notebooks, identifies and organizes exhibits, coordinates witness schedules, maintains trial calendars and communicates effectively with opposing counsel and courtroom staff
- Maintains timely and accurate timekeeping records
- Assists with other department activities as needed, and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate professionally and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context
- Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision
- Flexibility and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands
- Position periodically requires off-site work at a war room or the courthouse when the case goes to trial.
- Requires manual dexterity and physical mobility, including the ability to move frequently (several times an hour) from work station or desk to work independently or with team to organize documents/binders and retrieve files stored in vertical cabinets throughout the work area
- Position requires ability to move from the work station or desk several times throughout the day and go to various offices to retrieve documents and meet with attorneys, and receive instructions
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and Paralegal certification required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Litigation Paralegal within a law firm with demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within the Litigation practice area
- Trial experience, including exhibit preparation, witness preparation and management, knowledge of subpoena preparation, experience working with judicial assistants and trial presentation vendors, experience assisting attorneys in the courtroom
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency with E-filing and litigation support applications such as Concordance, Summation and Live Note
- Exceptional computer skills with the ability to learn new software applications quickly