Venable LLP has an exciting opportunity for a detailed and customer service oriented Litigation Docketing Senior Analyst to provide comprehensive litigation calendaring services to the firm in our DC Headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Independently calendaring all deadlines & related events for firm litigations & bankruptcy matters
- Assuming a lead staff role within the department for coordinating projects and maintaining efficient workflow
- Ensuring compliance to all calendaring procedures, best practices and processes are followed for all matters calendared in their regional office(s)
- Conducting research on agency, court & judge’s rules
- Responding to requests from attorneys, legal administrative assistants & paralegals regarding calendared events & deadlines, court procedures & rules
- Providing recommendations to the Litigation Docketing Administrator to continually improve the firm’s docketing and calendaring best practices and processes
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- Bachelor’s degree, paralegal certificate or experience/education equivalent
- Substantial knowledge of litigation processes, court rules and procedures
- Excellent skills/knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as Adobe PDF Creator (or equivalent). Experience with MS Access (or similar DB software)
- Experience with rules based calendaring software preferred
- Service-orientation and ability to work collaboratively with attorneys and staff
- Ability to research, analyze and summarize issues in writing; excellent attention to detail
- Capability of working independently & intuitively with minimal direction or prompting