We are seeking qualified candidates for an Associate position with our Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Insolvency Practice Group within our Litigation Department. The position will be based in our New York office. Ideal candidates should have 1-2 years' of general corporate ligation experience at a large firm experience and a clerkship, if possible.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, and an ability to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required;
- Knowledge of federal and state court practice, experience preparing answers, motions and other routine filings;
- Experience assisting with the taking and defending of depositions; and
- Courtroom (hearing and/or trial) experience;
Candidates for Associate positions must be able to provide effective and reliable legal services to clients and supervising attorneys.
Associate Attorneys are routinely required to:
- Provide thorough factual and legal research and analysis in pleadings, memoranda, and other written documents;
- Draft pleadings and other case documents;
- Manage matters from commencement to final resolution; and
- Competently and professionally communicate with clients and supervising attorneys.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Strong organization and matter management skills;
- Ability to work professionally and effectively with Clients, Partners, Associates and Support Staff;
- Ability to work effectively with others as part of a team;
- Familiarity with and ability to prepare basic litigation documents;
- Familiarity with federal and state court procedural rules and practices;
- Clear and effective drafting skills; and
- Strong negotiating skills.
Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the state of New York.