The Literacy Program Director oversees the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Chattahoochee Valley (BGCCV) Literacy Program at all Club Sites.
- Develop of Literacy Program curriculum. Monitor curriculum activities and provide feedback to help develop activities. Organize and prepare materials for program activities.
- Collect and evaluate data to track reading levels and improvements. Use data to ensure club members are assigned to the appropriate reading groups and use data to develop curriculum. Work with volunteers to evaluate reading proficiency of club members to assign readers to the appropriate groups
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers to read with the club members. Maintain volunteer schedule and communicate weekly with volunteers. Engage volunteers in the program activities to ensure members receive individual or small group interaction with volunteers. Solicit regular feedback from volunteers. Follow-up with potential volunteers.
- Manage and train studentinterns and/or program specialists. Spend one afternoon each week engaging in the Literacy program at each of the three Club locations.
- Planexperiences to tie in to the curriculum and to enhance the program.
- Conduct periodic Volunteer Training sessions and periodic Parent Information sessions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from a four year accredited college or university preferably with an emphasis on Early Childhood Education. Teaching Certificate required.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in Education preferably with a focus on Literacy.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively plan, coordinate, organize, implement and evaluate quality youth programs directly and through collaborations and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other departments/organizations to deliver quality programs to club members and potential members.
- Demonstrated ability to train, orient and recognize staff, volunteers and outside resources. Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, in presentations to an audience, and electronically.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and resolve problems. Ability to control expenses and creatively use resources. Ability to persuasively promote programs and deliver same.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Club members, volunteers, contractors and outside community. P.C. Literate, preferably with expertise using MS Office.