The LIS IT Database Analyst II is responsible for defining and maintaining core components in one or more applications and will ensure that software functionality meets the business needs. This role supports databases in various environments that includes the Misys (Antrim) Clinical Financial Information System or Misys (Antrim) Laboratory Information System. Installs, configures, plans and maintains systems. Develops and administers company reporting and data extraction requirements. Designs and implements databasesecurity policies and procedures, ensures accuracy and availability of data and conducts performance tuning on relational databases and servers. Evaluates new databasetechnologies and tools, sets database system and programming standards, appliesdatabasetechnology to business problems and manages the development and production database environments with emphasis on security, availability and performance.
- Uses a variety of tools and techniques to identify, document and manage opportunities for increased operational effectiveness through the development of software features.
- Maintains and updates lab and/or financialdatabases as dictated by standard laboratory or SHUSA protocol.
- Validates new client accounts based on local laboratory protocol.
- Maintains and updates peripheral systems utilized by the laboratory system as required (LabIS, Atlas, etc.).
- Participates in the design, implementation and maintenance of database systems.
- Develops technical, structural, and organizational specifications, which may include such elements as access methods, access time, job control language, statistical methodologies, device allocation, validation checks, protection and security.
- Applies more advanced knowledge to program and write code for the specific database applications used to support or enhance customer needs.
- Performs regularly scheduled verification procedures and corrects errors.
- Provides production database support with specific focus on availability, capacity, performance, security and recoverability.
- Performs definitions for software core file systems to build new, or enhance existing, functionality in Sonic IT software databases.
- Maintains updates from third party vendors and/or referral laboratories to keep database up to date with current changes.
- Maintains client databases in all required systems and updates or adds pricing as necessary to meet business needs. This includes required fee schedules and special pricing as assigned by upper management.
- Competent to work in most phases of client server relational database management.
- Maintains clinical and financial codes as needed to meet requirements (ICD9/10, CPT, LOINC, NPI, etc.).
- Provides basic database operations support, including monitoring databases and backups, resolving repetitive and simple events and escalating more complex incident according to the standard operating procedures.
- Assists in system monitoring and tuning for optimal performance.
- Assists with backup and recovery procedures.
- Generates, compiles and delivers test compendiums to EMR clients and third party vendors.
- Collaborates with the testing of new database definitions and software enhancements, version updates and new laboratory installations.
- Contributes to the creation and modification of new and existing test plans for specific software functionality.
- Maintains test catalogs.
- Take calls and resolve internal issues in a timely manner, documenting all pertinent details per standard protocol.
- End-User Support:
- Logs and tracks support tickets for local application issues with SHUSA IT and/or local tracking software.
- Retrieve tickets in local tracking system and resolve internal issues in a timely manner while documenting all required details per standard protocol.
- Participates in on-call rotation responding to alerts and system issues.
- Special Projects:
- Participate in process improvement projects.
- Basic knowledge of implementing and maintaining databases.
- Knows basic database concepts (including configuration, modeling and security) and has understanding of how to apply these concepts (but needs more experienced direction).
- Competent to work in single phase of database administration.
- Grasps new concepts and applies to daily responsibilities.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Develops skills required to resolve moderately complex issues in a single application.
- Balances high quality standards with schedule pressures and demanding environment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills including writing, listening, and facilitating to internal and external clients.
- Ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Fundamental knowledge of actual database definition, design, and configuration.
- Competent to work in more than one phase of database administration (typically documentation and maintenance).
- Good oral, written and customer service skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge includes experience on primarily standard databases along with exposure to more complex systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3 yearexperience in Information Technology (IT).
- Basic knowledge of system development methodology, project management, system architecture an analytical/problem solving skills.
- Must be able to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures and demanding environment.
- Must be a resourceful self-starter, flexible, pro-active, solution-oriented and customer-oriented.