We are looking for a self-driven IT support engineer, with a minimum of 5+ years of Linux/Windows/Storage administration experience and 3+ years EDA/CAD engineering/IT support.
Excellent technical knowledge of Linux system administration, Windows, SAN, virtualization technology, Active Directory/NIS/ LDAP, excellent shell/programming skill and past/present EDA/CAD supportexperience.
This position is system support engineer position, not EDA/CAD design engineer position.
- Support semiconductor design engineers and EDA/CAD team to deliver design tools, licenses, storage and compute servers
- Install and manage EDA license servers, job queuing systems, and engineering simulation tools (Shell scripting, Perl, Python, SunGrid, NC, Cadence, Synopsis, CF Engine, source code repository, Atlassian tools, other EDA/CAD related tools)
- Support dev, test, QA, and qual engineering systems
- Disaster Recovery planning, setup and monitoring.
- System administration support includes performance monitoring/tuning, license server management, storage management (NFS, iSCSI, general management/tuning, etc), design data management servers, DNS/NIS/LDAP, basic networking, and user account management.
As part of the job duties, this position requires:
- Meetings with internal customers on a regular basis to understand their needs, prioritize the tasks, and ensure that the projects are completed in a timely manner. Timely response to customer issues is required.
- Driving standards for system administration processes/tools and writing scripts to automate the processes.
- Justification, procurement, installation, asset management, and support for hardware and software.
- Participation in weekly team meetings and creating project plans.
- Ability to provide automations for monitoring, rapid deployments, and assist with quick turnarounds.
- Documentation and user training.
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Available 7x24 during certain product development cycle phases.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- 3+ yearexperience as EDA/CAD unix system administrator in semiconductor industry
- Solid programming skills (Perl, shell, Python, etc).
- Experiences with EDA software (Cadence, Synopsys, license management, job queuing, etc).
- Candidate should be a team player with good written and verbal communication skills, and able to work with cross-functional teams.
- May require to travel to other offices from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Req # 1662