Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
About the Team
This is a truly unique opportunity for all of us to learn and have a connected experience with a multiplication factor of so many brands. We will integrate and leverage our brand strengths together with technology being the glue. As a technology team, we will build a world of possibilities for our business. There is no limit once we get hyper focused on the customer and unite in our mission.
About the Role
You will be part of the Technical Solutions Services team responsible for designing, building, delivering and providing 3rd Level support of our Linux environment, Puppet, satellite, GitHub repos. Our job is to ensure that every WSI location, associate and customer has the best experience possible utilizing the Linux solutions we provide.
In the Lead Systems Linux Engineering role, you will be responsible for deploying the multi-year strategy for all of Williams-Sonoma's Linux infrastructure that supports our corporate and retail locations worldwide. You will work with other engineers to deliver performance and service standards from your internal customer's requirements. Using your technical experience, you will deploy to standards, automate service delivery, complete capacity planning and demonstrate efficient and effective use of the Linux environment. This role reports to the IT Manager of Technology Solutions Infrastructure.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will working with a technical team that will...
* Develop and Implement the technical standards for Linux OS running RHEL and CentOS.
* Implement capacity planning for Linux REPOs and support tools for Linux, (ie, Puppet, GitHub, Satellite)
* Work with the architects to evaluate new technologies and perform POCs (Proof of Concept labs) to extend the multi-year roadmap and set overall technical direction for our infrastructure team
Gather, analyze and drive project requirements, design and implement Linux infrastructure components
* Work closely with an outsourced Level2 team and help define their workflow and runbooks
Have the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with our people to get things done
* Grow and develop your team's technical capabilities, manage individual's priorities and tasks
Publish Build-To and review the As-Built documentation for current and new server related design deployments
* Provide insightful data to guide decision making and offer proactive solutions
Why you will LOVE working at Williams-Sonoma, INC.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative daily
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
* You have a deep and wide understanding of Linux Operating Systems, Virtualization platforms, Cloud Computing, Configuration Management tools (example: Puppet, CloudBolt) and strong familiarity with Oracle and/or SQL databases, VMWare and/or HyperV
* You have a firm grasp of scripting techniques including Linux scripting language, Python, ksh, bash, shell scripting is highly desired
* You have strong working knowledge of security best practices for implementing highly secure Linux solutions
* Ideally, you have experience deploying and maintaining a Satellite patch solution and experience configuring and managing AD SPN objects on Linux servers using keytab files
* You have experience with configuration, administration and performance troubleshooting experience for Linux OS, apache/tomcat, and database servers running on Linux.
* You have hands-on experience on Puppet, Satellite, REPOs , and Linux automation
* You have knowledge of Server hardening, system monitoring, performance tuning and process mapping.
* You work well in a fast paced, collaborative environment
* You have strong capabilities in empowering and enabling your team members
* You have strong communication skills that help convey unconventional ideas that well-grounded engineers need to be sold on
Technical competencies (required):
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
* 10+ years of a managing Linux Operating Systems in an enterprise environment
* 7+ years leading technical teams that solve complex problems and provide detailed technical and business analysis
* Fundamental understanding of deploying and supporting Linux servers in a highly available and fault tolerant enterprise level environment.
* Delivered fully integrated, automated, and highly available Linux provisioning process with enterprise level tools and technologies
* Superior oral and written communication skills. Ability to exhibit a commanding presence when necessary
* Superior computer skills including business applications such as MS Windows and MS Office including Excel, Access, Visio and Word. Service-Now experience a plus
* Knowledge of theory and principles of project management
Requisition Number: SS-11832