Job Description and Requirements
Overall responsibility for administering both physical and virtual Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers; Comprehensive knowledge of AIX platform; Responds to issues and participates in implementations and problem resolution. Architect and design implementations of new applications hosted on a RHEL and/or AIX platform; tests and evaluates security patches and applies to production systems if needed; work with multiple IT disciplines to engineer system solutions that meet business need; responds to after hours calls as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Analyze business requirements, identify risks, collaborate with functional team and business users to deliver flexible and cost effective solutions hosted on an RHEL or AIX platform.
- Create comprehensive design documentation for business and IT core functional projects
- Trouble-shoot Linux (RedHat) system related issues, at VM level, as well as AIX OS issues
- Develop, debug and maintain all shell scripts
- Create and maintain system Logical Volume Manager (LVM) volume groups, logical volumes, and file systems (LPAR and VIO server concepts).
- Responsible for maintaining user accounts, group memberships; local and LDAP.
- Design host firewall configurations in multiple environments
- Initialize operating systems configuration and security based on CIS standards.
- Monitor system performance, tuning systems and I/O for optimal performance
- Design appropriate system and data redundancy measures.
- Other duties as assigned (note: essential functions and responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice)
- 5 years server support experience and engineer type
- Successful completion of Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or closely related field OR successful completion of a relevant program from an accredited technical school; or industry certifications such as RHCE; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current RHCE
- Advanced experience administering Linux RHEL in multiple production and non-production environments
- Advanced experience with VMware virtualization technologies
- Comprehensive understanding storage area network technologies and AIX system partitioning
- Working knowledge of IT Security vulnerability management best practices
- Comprehensive understanding of networking concepts