Less than 5 years
Posted 239 days ago
RentPath is seeking a Linux Systems Engineer to join the IT Infrastructure team.
RENTPATH is transforming the way the residential rental industry goes to market. We simplify the rental experience by creating digital marketing solutions for the consumer.
· Develops scripts to automate software releases and maintenance activities across the enterprise.
· Manage and Maintain Services such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, and TLS.
· Support applications such as HAProxy, NGiNX, Tomcat, JBoss, Unicorn, etc.
· Support Various Database solutions such as MySQL, Oracle, Mongo, and Redis
· Development of monitoring scripts to ensure services and applications are running healthy.
· Work closely with development teams to troubleshoot issues and implementing changes to the environments
· Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct issues and other operational problems.· Rotational on-call responsibilities
Qualifications, Training, and Experience:
· 2+ years of system administration experience in a large heterogeneous Linux/Windows environment is required.
· 2+ years of experience with virtualization technologies and or cloud platforms
· 2+ years of experience with System Configuration Management tools such as Puppet
· Strong background experience and understanding of Linux based operating systems – RedHat/CentOS/Scientific Linux preferred
· Experience with SMTP and related features such as email domain segmentation, DKIM, SPF, etc.
· Experience with databases, both SQL and NoSQL, from a systems perspective.
· Designing automated scripts to improve efficiency
· Experience supporting mission critical 24x7x365, high availability, high volume environments
· Works well in a collaborate environment, as well as independently
· Able to resolve IT issues and escalations in a timely manner (appropriate sense of urgency)
· Basic understanding of the HTTP Transport including HTTP Headers and Cookies
· Experience with container services specifically Docker and Docker Swarm
· Experience with ELK and centralized logging management.
As a Systems Engineer you will receive many benefits including:
Comprehensive benefits package
Matching 401(K) contributions
Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers
And much more!