We are looking for Linux Systems Engineer for our client in ?Milwaukee, WI
Job Title: Linux Systems Engineer
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Join a dynamic team that is using Agile to develop the next generation of mobile patient monitors & cloud-based networks.
- As a Staff Platform Engineer, you?ll be working on a state of the art platform that provides clinical intelligence at the point of need for caregivers. We are developing a first of its kind hospital wide solution.
- Be a part of a team that is redefining the patient monitoring portfolio: mobile, cableless, cloud enabled.
- Responsible for engineering and building a mission critical, horizontally scalable, and highly available on-customer-premise cloud infrastructure built on Linux, virtualization, and container technologies leveraging skills in Infrastructure as a Service and Linux Configuration and Administration.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develops horizontally scalable and highly available infrastructures on which microservices are deployed.
- Owns developing deployment processes for large and complex releases of a product and at times expands the scope across multiple concurrent releases. Focuses on scale and efficiency.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge in Linux Configuration, Administration, Scripting and Containerized infrastructures.
- Manages key deliverables and mentors junior team members
- Contributes in driving initiatives such as defining standards and processes to ensure quality
- Current on latest Linux virtualization and deployment techniques and methodologies and promotes across the team.
- Works withdevelopers and stakeholders to deliver quality software environments for the MDH Platform
- Partners with and provides direction to fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions
- Works cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
- Develops and enhances the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams
- Aware of and complies with the Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related computer degree
- Minimum of 6years of experience in Linux configuration & environment administration.
- Minimum of 6years of experience in scripting (bash, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby)
- Strong understanding of server-class hardware including administration and configuration (eg. RAID, network bonding)
- Ability to troubleshoot network, hardware, virtual machine, and build system issues that could be due to hardware, software or network faults.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Working experience with Docker container technologies? Working knowledge of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) ? OpenStack
- Working knowledge of Platforming as a Service (PaaS) - Kubernetes, Openshift
- Demonstrated experience with Data Center configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience in Scalability/High Availability strategies for Java Services & Microservices
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within and across various teams
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Testing (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Experience with Build Tools (Maven, Gradle, *make)
- Strategic planner and thinker with ability to drive change
- Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task; tenacious and organized
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology
- Outstanding communication, facilitation and influencing skills; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Experienceworking withmedical devices or in a regulated industry
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Experience with
- Software defined networks
- Load Balancing
- Hardware specs (compute/storage/network)
- SAN/NAS configuration & administration
- Distributed Logging (syslog)
- NTP, DHCP, DNS configuration & administration
- Distributed System Management (Nagios, Elastic Stack/ELK)
- Licensing solutions in a distributed environment
U.S. (Country)Specific Qualifications:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States full-time
- Must be willing to work in our Milwaukee, WI facility full-time
- Must be 18years of age or older
- Must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
- Linux Systems engineer (and not just Linux administrator), Linux Configuration, environment administration, Scripting (bash, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby), server-class hardware (RAID, network bonding), troubleshoot network, hardware, virtual machine, deliver quality software environments for the MDH Platform