Linux Systems Administrator
Seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires all candidates to be U.S. Citizens and possess an active Secret security clearance. Candidates must also be willing to be processed for a TS/SCI Clearance and obtain DHS suitability.
- Providing technical and system administration support through troubleshooting, identifying and isolating issues, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing appropriate solutions to software and system anomalies as they occur
- Responding to application-related issues, resolving on-the-spot problems (when possible), replicating the issue for internal analysis/diagnosis, and preparing technical documentation that accurately depicts the problem and/or solution for feedback to developer/vendor
- Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort
- Supporting the development of new capabilities
- Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities
- Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and previously deployed capabilities
- Managing the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Helping to maintain the integrity and security of IT systems
- Adhering to policies and standards related to the use of computing resources
- Interacting with users including providing advice and training as needed
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technologies
- Participating in special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field.
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- 2+ years of applicable, hands-on Linux systems administration experience
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) preferred) including knowledge of related hardware and software
- Meaningful, hands-on experience performing scans and remediating vulnerabilities in Linux environments.
- Must be able to manage the functionality and efficiency of a virtual/physical desktop pool by proactively and reactively responding to centrally managed trouble and incident tickets
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in systems administration and support
- Ability to develop and maintains system/security documentation as needed
- Ability to interact with users to include software installs and hardware/software troubleshooting
- Must be able to maintain knowledge of current system design to connect, configure, and/or enable information systems, devices, or components as assigned
- Have the ability to assist team members by providing input, either written or verbal, to program deliverables including trade studies, white-papers, vendor presentations, and hardware and software requirements
- Be able to provide support for maintenance and change requests for all user-facing devices and systems.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Ansible or other comparable products
- Experience with physical and virtual RHEL servers including Red Hat Satellite Servers
- Experience with virtualized cloud environments
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level I
- Professional certification in one or more technologies that are applicable to systems administration