Linux Systems Administrator
Tower Research Capital, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks a Linux Systems Administrator to join our Production Engineering team.
The Production Engineering division is responsible for providing innovative processes and tools for the operation of Tower’s high-frequency trading platforms
- Providing first and second-level support for UNIX/Linux technology
- Monitoring Linux-based servers for hardware and software failures, then resolving those failures
- Assisting with day-to-day maintenance of servers, including performing backup restores, software installations, and upgrades
- Working with numerous Open Source applications, including Nagios, CFEngine, git, and Bash to build enterprise-level systems
- Assisting in researching, recommending, implementing, and maintaining new technologies, application software (including applications and operating systems), and hardware
- Promoting and assisting with migrations to new technologies to promote scalability and automation
- At least 3 years of experience in a Linux/UNIX environment, including experience maintaining and running RedHat Linux servers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of UNIX, including BASH, DNS (bind), NFS, rsync, iptables, etc.
- Experience using the following commands: vmstat, top, uname, ps, emacs/vi, cvs/svn/git, make, rpm, ping, and traceroute
- Familiarity with Python
- A strong background with container technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes (a plus)
- Able to accommodate a Tuesday to Friday shift (11:00 am – 8:00 pm EST) and Sunday shift (2:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST)