$80K — $100K *
The Linux System Administrator will design, configure, install, and support hardware, software, and related applications on the company’s on-prem and cloud infrastructure. Ensure stable and secure operation of Information Technology assets.
• Full lifecycle management of Linux server infrastructure
* Installation, configuration, patching, upgrades, ongoing operations
• Configure and operate infrastructure for multiple environments; on-prem and in the cloud (AWS/Azure)
• Develop and maintain configuration management solutions to standardize deployment of systems and applications
• Develop and maintain infrastructure as code solutions
• Work with Business to engineer solutions based on requirements
• Identify and resolve issues with systems/applications
• Maintain clear documentation of systems and processes
• Support multiple teams' software development and CI/CD processes
• Participate in rotating 24x7 on-call schedule
• Experienced engineer with 5+ years of Linux System Administration experience in a production environment, with Bachelor’s degree. 3+ years experience with Master’s degree.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Helpful but not required, Linux certifications in System Admin and/or Engineering such as RedHat or Linux Foundation Certifications
• Basic problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Travel may be necessary, based on position.
• Developed expert in technical skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field of support.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Capable of defining appropriate approaches and solutions.
• Must be dependable, detail-oriented, disciplined, and self-directed
• Strong communications skills
• Foundational knowledge of underlying infrastructure (Compute, Network, and Storage)
• Experience with RPM and Debian based distributions (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, etc.)
• Experience collaborating with version control systems (Git, Mercurial, SVN)
• Experience managing heterogenous Linux systems using configuration management tooling (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
• Experience solving complex problems using scripting (Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
• Understanding or experience with deployment and operations of microservices on Linux (Docker, Podman, etc.)
• Experience deploying infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible, etc.)
• Experience with operating systems in public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Above all, a strong drive to learn
Valid through: 8/26/2020