A multinational bank and financial services company offering retail, corporate and investment banking as well as wealth management is currently seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join their team in New York. This firm believes that to better understand their employee?s needs they must better understand their employees.
This firm recognizes each employee wears many hats and takes on countless responsibilities; in turn they give back to their employees. They offer a flexible work environment and incredible benefits. This firm also believes in the power of networking, learning for life and giving back to the community.
This candidatewill work with a global server infrastructure team business-aligned to Investment Banking. Platform's user base is typically trading businesses that require purpose built technology solutions with rapid response and execution. Administrators work closely with the business teams to understand their application deployments and server requirements, providing personalized direct support. The scope of Platform service includes the design, deployment, and support of Linux and Windows environments, including support for storage, database, and big data platforms.
- Build, support, and monitoring of all co-located servers and select campus server infrastructure; regional escalation contact for all hosts
- Expected to troubleshoot and debug incidents related (but not limited) to application, server, network, and automation
- Maintain and expand supporting infrastructure and automation
- 5years experience building, configuring, and maintaining production environments, including standard networking
- 5years experience in using Chef or similar for end-to-end server configuration management
- 3years experience in scripting and automating complex tasks
- 3years background in managing and troubleshooting low-latency trading environments, including an understanding of Linux internals, and preferably with Solarflare/Onload
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem solving skills, with the ability to assess production impact and risk
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and communication skills