The Linux System Administrator will be responsible for a suite of hardware comprising Linux and Windows operating systems. The infrastructure will consist of virtualized systems and stand-alone servers. These systems are required to support a variety of projects and range from development environments to high availability operationaland development environments. Duties include:
- Plan, and propose, and execute infrastructure upgrades, acquisitions and configuration changes.
- Communicate with a variety of hardware and software vendors to receive quotes and resolve infrastructure challenges.
- Coordinate system, application and network administrators supporting development and integration environments.
This position can be filled at a Salary Grade of either T3 or T4 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
- 5-10 years of experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration or engineering.
- B.S in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, or 5 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (or higher) or ability to obtain one within 3 months is required.
- System administration and configuration experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, including VMWare or RHV.
- Experience with automated Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible))
- System configuration experience with Enterprise Identity Management tools (LDAP, IPA, etc.)
- Knowledge of shell scripting (Bash, Python).
- Active TS/SCI clearance required.
- Work with aggressive timelines, in a team environment with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Linux or Red Hat certifications, such as Linux+ or RHCSA, are desired.
- Experience with constructing and configuration of Cloud environments such as AWS or GovCloud, using Map Reduce/Hadoop and government software.
- Experience in system lifecycle management, including provisioning, maintenance and retirement. (VM templates, Kickstart, Cloudformation, Nagios)
- Experience with version control systems (GIT).
- System configuration experience with SAN's (NetApp/EMC).
- Experience with thin client systems accessing server-based architecture
- ICD 503 or DCID 6/3 experience.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a CI polygraph is preferred.