This is a senior position on a Na Ali'i IT and Communications services program open to experienced individuals. The ideal candidate will provide operational knowledge and support of Department of Defense (DoD) networks and systems and will perform day-to-day system administration services. The Linux System Administrator is responsible for maintaining, installing, and updating secure operating systems and applications.
Education & Experience
Skills & Qualifications
Maintain, install, update, and secure operating systems and applications for all current and additional assigned systems and applications. Systems include:
o Berkeley Internet Name Domain (BIND) Domain Name System (DNS)
o Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
o SMTP Relay
• Maintain the security posture and STIG compliance, in accordance with DoD and Agency requirements, of all systems and applications. Analyze processes, systems and applications and make recommendations for improvements and automation.
• Ensure all Linux/UNIX systems and applications are compliant with DoD Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) requirements.
• Create and maintain custom scripts.
• Ensure that all Linux/Unix systems are included in the Host Based Security System (HBSS) architecture and that all required HBSS components are installed and configured correctly.
• Review security and performance logs daily.
• Participate in technical exchange meetings, work groups, and workshops and make recommendations to the Government.
• Ensure that all assigned systems are being scanned in accordance with DoD guidance and the scan results are reviewed at least weekly.
• Ensure adequate support is available during command exercises and command inspections.
• Test and execute the Linux/UNIX Continuity of Operations (COOP), documenting and reporting the results accordingly.