Radiant Solutions is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator in Herndon, VA to provide the management of numerous Linux-based virtual machines across several security domains in support of custom software development, testing, and deployment to customer systems. You will work closely with software/product development teams and customers to elicit, analyze, and verify new requirements and enhancements. You will also be supporting several programs that develop high fidelity, predictive analytics, physics-based software for various ground, sea, air and space domain systems.Responsibilities:
- Setup, configure and maintain various LINUX and/or Windows VMs to support development, test, integration, and operational software threads
- Work with development teams to design, implement, and maintain continuous integration environment for several projects across multiple networks.
- Support security with VM hardening, patching, auditing, new software requests, and other security requirements
- Track and manage internal and external software licenses
- Manage Atlassian tool suite (JIRA, Bit Bucket, Confluence) in support of software and system engineering
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI and be willing and able to obtain a CI polygraph
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with the administration and distribution of Linux systems (preferably RHEL and CentOS at a minimum)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related discipline. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient in creation and management of VMWare-based virtual machines
- Experience installing, configuring, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting Linux servers, either physical (bare metal) or virtual (VMWare or equivalent)
- Experience in hardening Linux systems based on DISA STIGs requirements or similar hardening regulations.
- IC/DoD security experience to include auditing, virus scanning, and IAVA resolution
- Offline system patching (such as RPM)
- Must be willing and able to obtain a DoD 8570 certification for System Administration
- DoD 8570 requirements for System Administration certification
- Solid general network knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, NFS)
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) management and deployment
- Experience configuring and deploying web containers/apps (J2EE)
- Preferred the applicant has experience and active certifications that meet the ICD 503 guidelines for system administration
- Installation, configuration, and management of Windows-based development tools
- Installation, configuration, and management of PostgreSQL databases
- Experience with Shell (Bourne, Korn, Bash, csh, etc.) scripting, or scripting in Perl or Python
- Experience with network storage technologies (S3, block, and object)
- Experience with log management, syslog, SIEM, etc
- Experience with HPC and GPU architectures.
- Familiarity with cross-security domain solutions