Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
- Provide AIT Level II Support
- Linux Server and system administration support;
- Planning, design, installation, configuration, documentation, system remediation, operations and maintenance, performance tuning, data protection, backup, and recovery;
- Interfacing with vendors and service providers for analysis and troubleshooting;
- User support, including, but not limited to: hardware, software, and multimedia support services;
- Security requirement implementation;
- Monitoring high performance computing clusters, servers, storage arrays, high performance workstations, and associated elements.
- The HPC environment comprises two Beowulf clusters with 1,500 - 2,000 cores each, running CentOS and Scyld, plus a Cray with approximately 3,200 cores, running ROCKS. Nodes are connected via InfiniBand and 10G Ethernet. Data is stored on multiple network attached storage systems of varying technologies and is shared with advanced engineering workstations running Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance per the contract.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or information technology from an accredited college/university.
- In lieu of the bachelor’s degree, the Linux Engineer may have one of the following certifications: GSEC; Security + (CE) Certificate; SSCP Certificate; or CNSSI/NSTISSI 4115/4016 Certificate.
- The administrator shall have at least four years of Linux system administration experience.
- Work experience shall also include/demonstrate the following:
- Expertise in Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Network File System (NFS)\
- Domain Name Service (DNS), and Secure Shell (SSH);
- Ability to write and maintain Linux and Perl shell scripts;
- Understanding of security and network/distributed computing concepts;
- Strong technical problem solving skills, communication, teamwork, and customer service skills.
- Secret Clearance