Communication Technology Services (CTS) is building a next-gen (LTE/5G) managed service business to provide enterprise customers with a turnkey Private Wireless Network for mission critical business applications and wireless connectivity needs.
We are driven by our desire to solve complex customer problems, the excitement of deploying new technologies, and our dedication to provide “set it and forget it” management for complex wireless networks.
We are looking for an experienced Linux System Administrator. The ideal person will be based out of Denver, CO or Orlando, FL although remote candidates are being considered.
- The ideal candidate has at least five years of experience supporting physical and virtual network and computing environments, in a Linux-based data center environment.
- RedHat/CentOS - Administration, troubleshooting, and security of CentOS 5,6, and 7.
- Linux iscsi – Attaching, disconnecting, and manipulating iscsi block devices using iscsiadm, LVM, and multipath.
- Linux KVM virtualization – Creating, copying, management, and monitoring of virtual guests.
- MySQL Database – Administration, backups, and SQL queries.
- IP networking – IP addressing and subnetting, network address translation, routing protocols, linux iptables, linux bridging.
- Data munging – Extracting useful information from various sources including log files and databases then presenting the data in a machine or human readable format.
- Relevant experience would include physical and virtual server implementation, operation and maintenance, SAN, NFS, iscsi, MySQL, Linux-ha, DevOps, 24x7x365 operations, HP, SUN/Oracle, Cisco hardware and software, routing, switching, load balancing, firewalls, IPv4, IPv6, participation in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Proficient at troubleshooting production issues, solving problems, and implementing updates to production software.
- Understanding of internet protocols including HTTP, DNS, RADIUS, SSH, and SMTP.
- Analyzing packet captures to distinguish between problems at the protocol level vs. network connectivity.
- Experience with troubleshooting Perl and Linux Shell Scripts required.
- Experience with Convirture virtualization management helpful.
- Experience with Cacti and Nagios monitoring systems strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of SAN systems, especially in a ZFS environment.
- Working knowledge of Java application servers including Tomcat, JBoss, and message brokers.
- Good organizational and vendor management skills, inclusive of issue tracking, metric reporting, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in effective decision-making within a high-pressure 24x7 environment.
- Strong research, investigation and evaluation skills.
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate problems/support requests in order to influence the prioritization of production defects and/or enhancements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Results-oriented and highly flexible, able to work with minimal supervision.
Education & Certifications:
- 4 Year Technical Degree (Example: BSCS, BSEE, etc.) or equivalent workplace experience.