Operates & Maintains a Linux based Distributed Training System Simulation & Stimulation (DTS Sim/Stim) to support Warfighter training. Work location is CCDC (HSV) Redstone Arsenal.
- Maintain operation of Linux computer systems, including coordination with other system and network administration staff and program teams.
- Monitor and manage system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Perform systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts.
- Other duties may include setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
- Interact with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Coordinate installations and provides backup recovery.
- Develop and monitor Department of Defense (DoD), facility specific policies, procedures and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Operations support include: Provide daily support for development and operation labs.
- The candidate must be able to install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain computers and network equipment.
- Must have the ability to build Linux systems, both physical and virtual.
- Must have experience with RHEL System Administration and RMF.
- Must have at least one Linux certification (e.g. Linux+, LPIC, RHCSA, RHCE).
- Currently possess a CompTIA Security+ certification or be able to obtain it within 6 months of hire at no cost to the government.
- Must possess a minimum of a DOD Secret security clearance
- 3 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Desired experience but not required:
- Experience working with VMWare ESXi virtualized environments.
- Knowledge of RHEL 6, 7, and 8.
- Scripting with bash, python, etc.
- Work flow automation (CRON)
- Experience with Ansible, HBSS, RSA server/client, and various techniques in regards to Disaster Recovery for both dev and ops environments.
- Possess a working knowledge of DoD security policies and procedures (RMF).
- Knowledge of missile defense concepts of operation, tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), and Integrated Missile Defense (IMD) system architectures. Previous experience with the Missile Defense Agency, operations center, or a ballistic missile defense system such as (GFC or C2BMC).
- 5 years’ experience
AEgis Technologies, a BlueHalo company, provides advanced engineering solutions across the space superiority, directed energy, missile defense, electronic warfare & cyber, C4ISR, and intelligence markets. The Company was founded in 1989 and has served its core customer base as a trusted partner for decades focused on solving the Defense and National Security Community’s hardest challenges. AEgis is an end to end life cycle partner through R&D, development, and into operations. We are the trusted provider leading the transformation for tomorrow’s multi-modal and multi-domain warfare. AEgis Technologies – Leading the Transformation of Modern Warfare.