Signature Research, Inc. (SGR) seeks a full-time Linux System Administrator/Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join their multi-disciplinary team in Calumet, Michigan.
This position supports Department of Defense and Intelligence Community programs in the evaluation of signature management technologies via modeling and simulation. The Linux System Administrator supports both engineer and developer desktop and server assets and assists in administering accounts, maintaining documentation, installing software, and developing strategies to improve performance.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $70,000 – $100,000 annually, based on your knowledge and experience, in addition to paid vacation, a comprehensive medical plan, and a Simplified Employee Pension Plan.
- Assist engineers with IT support on Linux based desktop systems.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain server configurations to ensure data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Maintain server and storage availability/functionality; troubleshoot, repair and report outages and restoration activities.
- Provide continuous monitoring, security reviews, and technical inspections to enforce security policies, controls and procedures and mitigate identified vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Provide configuration management for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Perform day-to-day system security operations while conforming to RMF standards.
- One of the following combinations of education and experience required: Associate degree and 4 years of general experience; Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of general experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in modeling and simulation, or related work, highly desired.
- 3 years directly related experience in Linux Engineering required.
- Due to federal requirements for this position, U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain (upon hire) a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and in-person).
- Great attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high security office setting; initially no telecommuting.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States, less than 20%.
- Experience with RHEL Satellite.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification.
- Experience with Ansible Tower, Docker Container system, and with YUM and DNS Bind.
- Comfortable scripting or writing code in Python, bash, PowerShell, or other common languages to perform daily tasks or configuration management.
- Proficient in using Linux command line interfaces.
SGR is a small, high-tech business with offices in Calumet, Michigan and Navarre, Florida. SGR specializes in multi-spectral target and background signature data collection, analysis, modeling and simulation, software development, and operational analysis. SGR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.