The position is for a Linux Systems Administrator who provides dedicated support to two high profile customers. The position requires a selfstarter who can work closely with the customer teams to maintain operational reliability, resolve issues, and propose/implement improvements and new solutions.
- Solid Linux system administration (6+ years) experience using the command line; experience with RHEL/CentOS a plus
- Experience with basic shell scripting
- Ability to compile and install open source applications
- Understanding of IT security best practices
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal / communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and documentation
Experience in the following areas is considered a plus
- Supporting a research computing environment.
- Programming exper