We are seeking a Linux Kickstart Developer/System Administrator to perform the development, testing and maintenance of the Operating Systems baseline for the Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Simulation (GMDSim) Models and Simulation (M&S) product in a government-operated, engineering and integration lab facility. The GMDSim product is comprised of two parts to include server and workstation.
- Develop Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Kickstart installation media for both the server and workstation in a monthly release cycle
- Work with GMDSim System Engineers to understand priorities for implementation and be responsible for scripting, applying STIGS and hardening of the installation media
- Implement a development repository using GIT or other approved solution change management and version control of the monthly releases
- Developmental testing will be a critical aspect of the job as final server and workstation baselines will be delivered to internal lab System Administrators and Change Management to ensure baselines releases are stable and function correctly
- General detailed Software Installation Instruction (SWII) documentation, as well as a Change Log, for each monthly release
- work with the GMDSim Product Lead and Data Manager to deliver all product deliverables.
- Previous work experience as a Linux System Administrator for 5+ years
- In depth knowledge of Linux: Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc. - Expert in Shell and/or Python Scripting
- Knowledge of network protocols, interfaces & host-based firewall configuration
- Additional Linux certs (RHCSA, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Disciplined experience in developing system documentation & processes
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills Certification Requirements
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Computing Environment (CE) Certification (Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE, etc.)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 Baseline Certification (CompTIA Security+, etc.)
- Travel: None
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
BS Degree in CIS, MIS, CS or equivalent work experience
- Experience with HBSS and MFA implementation
- Experience with system configuration using automation: puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Prior SA experience in Tactical Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) environments