The Linux Engineer applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security.
Security Clearance Requirements:
This position requires all candidates to be U.S. Citizens and possess an Active Top Secret clearance. Candidates must be able to receive a Top Secret/SCI clearance. DHS suitability is required prior to starting employment.
- Works with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology.
- Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers.
- Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy.
- Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments.
- Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification.
- The Engineer must be willing to travel to sites around the DC Metropolitan area up to 40 percent of the time.
- The Engineer must have the ability to lift at least 70 pounds repeatedly.
Required Education & Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 6 years of relevant experience.
- Eight (8) additional years of work experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7) with the ability to engineer, install, administer and maintain.
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices:
- Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
- IDM/Free IPA
- Open Nebula
- Satellite Server
- Nagios Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
WOOD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.