As a Linux Engineer at SIG, you will have direct impact on the current and future structure of our multi-thousand server environment. As you collaborate directly with both business and technical teams, you will build and deploy next generation platforms using cutting edge technologies. You will research, design and implement solutions to enhance our applications, operating systems, and physical set up of our servers in our large cluster environment. We realize that technology is critical to our success and we value an innovative and creative approach to solving the complex problems of performance and scale.
Why you should join SIG’s Linux Engineering team
- We interact directly with the business units we support to improve the trading applications and backend systems on which they depend. Our focus is to ensure they are effective, fast and have a very low chance of failure. We are always looking to identify potential problems so we can create solutions before they occur.
- There is constant opportunity to explore new ideas and products. You will get to work with a mix of software and hardware, including the newest processors and chassis, as well as different OpenSource technologies.
- Optimization is our goal. We are given the flexibility to implement and customize third party tools, or we can develop and mold our own tools internally. Whether we’re increasing our speed or capacity, or decreasing our latency, we’re driven to make our systems work better and smarter.
- We love to use technology to make our lives easier. We focus on a combination of integrating automation tools and scripting our own solutions. We offer the opportunity to build on current scripting skills, as well as learn new languages.
- Our Engineers tackle a variety of responsibilities. You will remain hands on and work in a challenging environment regardless of whether the task is creating a script, customizing a build template, fixing a bottleneck, or researching a new project.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelors degree in technical discipline required
- 3+ years of experience with Linux engineering and/or architecturerequired
- Solid understanding of Linux operating system (SUSE, RHEL, CentOS), server hardware (x86 based) and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, RDMA, SSH, NFS)
- Experience with performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting. Examples include familiarity with kernel-level and I/O subsystem tweaks and limit controls and tools such as vmstat, strace, tcpdump, and netstat
- Scripting and automation experience with Python, Ruby or similar languages required
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet or similar tool required
- Experience configuring and supporting clustered file systems with GPFS and Lustre preferred
- Experience with or understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMware preferred
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate. We think it’s important to take your skills and experience into account when determining compensation.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.