A leading global financial institution providing brokerage and investment banking services, including asset and equities management is currently seeking a Linux Engineer to join their team in New York.
This firm was built on the idea that one person can make a difference, and that thought stands true today. They believe that each individual employee can make a difference, and they give you the skills for success such as networking and training. This firm does more than help their employees; they work with more than 25 non-profits on multiple levels. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a challenge and the next huge step in their career.
- Manage a team of high performing Linux Engineers responsible for providing direction, complete time sensitive tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high stress environment while remaining calm and in control.
- Act as the key escalation point for the team; with the ability to assist in understanding the root of the issue quickly, providing team member?s guidance towards owning and resolution.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with an ability to enforce documentation of processes and procedures.
- Provide thought leadership across the user community, partnering with key stakeholders to understand and formulate the next generation strategy for Linux Engineering.
- Work with application development teams to troubleshoot application performance issues across trading applications.
- Own and deliver metrics and reports on the status and health of the team and organization to Infrastructure Technology leadership.
- 10+ years?experience managing high performing teams facilitating teamwork, coaching, constructive feedback and evaluate developmental and training needs.
- System performance analysis, tuning, and troubleshootingexperience including network, system, and hardware optimization for low latency.
- Hardware platform experience across HP, Dell, IBM and Oracle.
- Strong understanding of Linux kernel tuning and operating system semantics. Real-time kernel experience a plus.
- High Availability, clustering, failover, and load balancing experience.
- Strong scripting abilities using Perl, Python, and/or bash/ksh.
- Virtualization experience including VMware vSphere or ESX server and/or SAN experience a plus.
- Knowledge of LVM, ext3, filesystem tuning, OpenSSH, LDAP, Kerberos, and related services.
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top university.