An Infrastructure Automation Engineer is adaptable, creative and interested in being part of a new, dynamic, infrastructure engineering team making a difference. The team focus:
- Innovation and automation.
- Deliver 24x7x365 high-availability IT services for an energy efficient semiconductor company.
- Versatility & creativity. The ideal candidate will know how to think “outside-the-box” and will share in responsibilities for automating and supporting the provisioning, configuration and management of enterprise infrastructure running in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Broad, attractive roles and will not be limited to a single technology platform and will also include working closely with application developers to handle rapid platform deployments and releases.
- Adhering to industry best practices and compliance in support of ON’s business objectives and user community experience is of utmost importance.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Build efficient life cycle management methodologies of network, storage and compute infrastructure with an “automation first” mindset
- Focus efforts on building automated provisioning, configuration and operating procedures for infrastructure adhering to ON Semiconductor reference architectures. Automate all infrastructure standard procedures where practical and beneficial
- Adhere to best practices and procedures for IT infrastructure management through daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all compute, storage and network resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of related scheduled jobs such as backups
- Serve as an escalation point for investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving infrastructure related issues in production, QA and DEV environments
- Adhere to periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Monitor and perform ongoing performance tuning, resource optimizations, and make improvement recommendations to respective infrastructure teams
- Find ways to report metrics and analytics on the health of compute, networking, storage and backup technologies
- Provide after hours on-call support
- Coordinate meetings and communicate with non-technical staff on project requests
- Lead focused activities to migrate to higher availability and efficiency for critical ON Semiconductor environments
- Build and implement infrastructure designs using reference architectures for project and operational needs
- Years of experience: 5 + years’ experience with Linux or Windows Server Administration/System Management/Automation in a KVM and/or cloud environment
- Education: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) from a regionally accredited institution. BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Sciences, Information Technology, or Software Engineering strongly preferred
- Certification: At least one of the following certifications: Red Hat certification or equivalent; AWS Certified DevOps Engineer; Red Hat Certified Specialist in Advanced Automation; Hashi Infrastructure Automation Certification
- Communication: Fluent English (written and verbal)