The Linux Engineer will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, maintenance and patching of systems hardware and application software within the NAB’s Linux environments. You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The Sr. Linux Administrator ensures that resources, and related procedures comply with internal and external standards and security requirements.
Some responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all operational aspects of NAB’s Linux environment (Ubuntu primarily), including: OS provisioning, users, storage, backups, patching, upgrades, monitoring, troubleshooting and support, etc.
- Work closely with development teams, AWS architects and security engineers to design and provision secure supportable resources and environments
- Provide support for software releases
- Create and maintain system documentation and Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in on-call escalation rotations for 24x7x365 support; evening, overnight, and weekend, holiday and on-call work may be required
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field, or equivalent experience
- AWS Cloud experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years supporting Linux resources in a medium-sized enterprise environment
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and incident management
- Ability to interact with customers in a clear, concise, professional manner
- Hands on experience and / or familiarity with a majority of the following:
- Ubuntu and RedHat / CentOS Linux preferred
- Experience with server virtualization including cloud instances. AWS EC2 preferred
- Experience working with automation tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Experience supporting application built on the LAPP (Linux, Apache, PHP, and Postgres) stack.
- Experience supporting DNS & DHCP
- Experience with containerization technologies (Docker preferred)
- Experience using and managing Atlassian tools
- Formal DevOps experience, including testing and release / deploy automation
- Experience with managing high availability solutions
- Must have a basic understanding of network configuration, tools and security.
- Strongly self-motivated and able to meet objectives with little direct supervision
- Able to make effective decisions in high-pressure situations, with limited management escalation
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills