$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Morrisville, NC 27560
Industry: Telecommunications & Hardware•
5 - 7 years
Posted 60 days ago
Lenovo is the fastest growing technology company on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter-after-quarter and we're growing! Lenovo's fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Lenovo is developing state-of-the-artend-to-end solutions across our SW products, HW products, Edge and Cloud SW platforms. These solutions require state-of-the- art software components which extend our distributed SW platforms.
Lenovo is looking to add a Linux Engineer to the team!
What you will work on:
• Linux OS and applications development, design and fine-tune OS based on PC platform and IoT platform
• Work with Linux distribution vendors to make sure Lenovo feature request and bug fix are added in the next release
• Work on new development and upstream code
• Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
• Technical support 3rd party certification for PC and IoT platforms
• Provide support to critical customer issues
• Monitor Lenovo forums and correspond with customer
• Support Chrome OS on Lenovo products
• Test Chrome OS by running multiple test suites for different OS builds
• Debug Chrome OS issues and log defects as required
• Work on Development code for various tools related to OS release on Lenovo products
• Study, find and implement kernel optimization solutions to improve Linux system performance
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Communication, Electrical Engineering or relevant experience.
• 5+ years Linux development experience.
• Solid knowledge in Linux kernel thread, memory management and driver framework.
• Solid experience with C/C++, Assembly language, shell, network/multi- threaded programming.
• Strong driver development and software development experience on Desktop OS and IoT OS.
• Strong English written and verbal skills, available to read datasheet and technique SPEC.
• Proactive, energetic. excellent kernel debugging skills.
• Deeply involved with Linux kernel main tree development is preferred.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13